Roasted Balsamic Chicken with Vegetables

This meal is so yummy and yes, so easy to make! I tweaked the original recipe and created my own version. 

We love it for its simplicity, but it is delicious and as you can see, very pretty to serve.

Next time I plan to make rice to serve with it. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of chicken thighs (I used 8 thighs)
  • 1 -2 sweet bell peppers. I used 1 yellow and that was enough for us, but it's a personal choice
  • 1 red onion, cut in quarters or smaller
  • 1 bunch of asparagus (I used 12 spears, ends broken off and cut in half)
  • 1 - 2 carrots, julienned, about 3 inches long
  • 1 package of mushrooms (1/2 - 1 cup) Next time I'm using more
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
  • 2 leaves Fresh Sage, chopped or 3 small leaves dried, crumbled
  • 1 tsp. Fresh Oregano
  • 1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary 
  • 2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 tsp. Kosher salt
  • 1 tsp. Pepper
  • Spray Oil for baking trays
Directions: Preheat oven to 425'. Spray 2 baking trays with oil. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Put in fridge for 30 to 60 minutes to marinade. Roast in oven about 15 to 20 minutes until nicely browned and vegetables are tender. Check temperature of thighs with meat thermometer to be sure they have reached 165' minimum temperature.

The vegetables. I ended up not using the red pepper. Next time I will use more mushrooms. 



The spices and other ingredients. Use fresh herbs if possible. I had to use my dried sage leaves as I don't have any fresh growing right now.


Vegetables chopped and in bowl ready for the thighs and marinade




Everything in the marinade, ready to go in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes

Ingredients spread out on two baking sheets that have been sprayed with oil. The chicken is separated from the vegetables, and the vegetables are spread out to form one layer.



Ready to eat! This is only half of what I cooked. The rest is in the fridge for next day's meal.


Note: Original recipe on SkinnyTaste.com


Comments