Cauliflower Pizza, Don't Knock it Til You Try it!

Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Cheddar + turkey on left, Mozzarella + Sausage on right
I got the idea for this unusual pizza from Closet Cooking  As usual I made changes in his recipe.  I've made this twice now and did it differently each time. It is yummy.

This is what you need:

For the Crust
1 head cauliflower
1 egg
1/2 cup cheese. I used Cheddar but you can use anything you like
1 tsp. Fine Herbes or any spice/herb you prefer


Toppings
Cauliflower Cheese Pizza Crust - Don't Knock it til you try it!
The finished pizza

Salsa. You could also try BarBQue sauce or tomato sauce.  Just use however much appeals to you.

Sweet peppers - I used red, orange and yellow. Chop them into whatever shape and size you like on your pizza

1/2 onion in thin slices

Shredded cooked chicken or turkey

thinly slice zucchini

Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese

You can also add sliced mushrooms, black olives - whatever you like. I added cooked sausage to hubs' pizza but I prefer mine with a bit of shredded turkey.


Chopped Cauliflower
Method
Finely chop the cauliflower and cook in a microwave for about 8 minutes. Wrap it in a tea towel and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Then mix together the cooked cauliflower, beaten egg, fines herbes and 1/2 cup grated cheese.

Cooked cauliflower, egg, cheese + herb mix


Cauliflower-cheese crust ready for toppings
Put parchment paper on a baking tray and press the cauliflower mixture into a pizza shape or a rectangle. I like to make two small circles. Bake at 425' for about 15 minutes or until crust is crispy at edges and turning golden brown.
Salsa added

Remove from oven and brush the salsa on top. Add your ingredients then finish with grated cheese. Return to oven for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Toppings added. Next add grated cheese
 One tip - this photo is from the first pizza I made. I learned I needed to cut the zucchini much thinner, and so next time I cut it in very thin strips. It was much better!



Comments