Zucchini & Bell Pepper Medley With Feta Cheese

My Medley Dish
I found a recipe on Martha Stewart which became the basis of this dish. I liked the idea behind Martha's recipe but it used Eggplant (which I'm allergic to) and Bell Peppers. 

So I decided to do some tweaking, make some changes and see if I could come up with a dish I liked.  Hubs, who isn't fond of zucchini, really liked this!

Zucchini - you need about one per person

Bell Peppers - orange, red and yellow. I used only orange for this photo. One pepper will do for 2 people.

Feta Cheese - I used Italian Flavoured Feta Cheese so it had some really nice Italian seasoning in it. You need approximately 1/2 cup for 4 people

Marinade: Kosher Salt & Olive Oil


Topping: Fresh or Home-Grown Dried Marjoram, Lemon Juice, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil


Method for 4 Servings: Slice 4 zucchini into rounds. Put the slices into a plastic bag with a bit of olive oil (about 1/3 cup) and some kosher salt and shake. Make sure the zucchini is coated on both sides. Remove from bag and place on grill or rack for broiling.

Core two peppers and remove seeds. Slice each pepper into 8 strips. Coat those in the bag of olive oil and kosher salt. Add more oil and salt if needed. Place on grill or rack for broiling.

Grill or broil the vegetables for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. I broiled mine but they didn't brown up as much as I wanted so I finished them in a skillet.

When the vegetables are ready, place the zucchini on a platter, then arrange the pepper strips on top. Top everything with the crumbled Italian flavoured Feta Cheese.

Next combine 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and juice from one lemon. Drizzle it over top of the zucchini, peppers and Feta Cheese. Fresh marjoram finishes the dish off.

Serve this warm (not hot) as a side dish. We tried it at room temperature too but prefer it warm. We liked this dish so much that I'm going to serve it at my annual Family Christmas Dinner which I'm hosting in January.


Comments