Never Fail Cream of Cauliflower Soup

I love cream of cauliflower soup and have spent years trying one recipe after another. Last year I hit on one from a little cookbook called "Company's Coming Greatest Hits: Soups & Salads"

Usually I end up changing recipes a lot, but this one is so perfect as is that I don't do anything different except add Fine Herbes and use a Knorr Swisse Chicken Bouillon Cube instead of powder.


1 cup water (I learned the hard way to NOT use the vegetable water you saved from cooking vegetables)
2 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
1 chopped onion (about 1/2 cup)
1 Knorr Swisse Chicken Bouillon Cube
Salt & Pepper to taste

1 cup milk
1 tsp Parsley flakes (I substitute Fine Herbes)

Combine water, cauliflower, onion, bouillon cube and salt and pepper in saucepan. Stir, cover and bring to boil. Simmer for about 12 minutes until tender. Do not drain.

Stir in milk and parsley or fine herbes. Pour into blender and process until smooth. I like my Ninja blender - it's fast and does an amazing job of making a smooth mixture. It's ready to eat!

I add grated cheese sometimes and make country biscuits to go with it for a super healthy and yummy lunch.

This makes about 3 cups.

Comments